Saturday, April 9, 2011

Floating Land

In my year and a half living in SecondLife, I've seen a lot of dumb architecture. Nothing so dumb as the floating prim prefab neighborhood.

Look! Dee PLANE! DEE PLANE!

I was helping my friend Cinder check out some land for sale, since she lost the auction to bid on land. I came across this fine architectural specimen:

 A "classy" floating nightclub cube with no stairs.

When we were looking at more land, I decided to try to take a compromising picture of us. It's so much fun to mess around with the snapshot tool.

Haha... animations that make you walk around or dance around 
make this kind of picture possible. <3

And then, of course, there's also the problem with people who build with materials that are not suited for the purpose, and then make them fullbright. Like this "lovely" house: 
I'm BLIIIIND!!!

And at the land we finally decided we liked, we found a really funny thing next door. 

Newbs! 
It aint easy bein green!

Sometimes, not all is bad in the land of SL. If one can get past all the ugly architecture, the floating prefabs, the trees...

 ...that open up like Mexican Wedding decor...

SecondLife really is a great place to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment